Re: [AGL7.x][agl-cluster-demo-platform] Build for imx6qsabreauto can't be started due to freescale BSP's absence

On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, QiaoHao(乔浩) wrote:

> Hi
>
> I’m new to AGL&yocto;
>
> Now, I want to build the [agl-cluster-demo-platform] to run on my imx6qsabreauto board with the command lines below:
>
> # source meta-agl/scripts/aglsetup.sh -m imx6qsabreauto agl-cluster-demo agl-netboot agl-appfw-smack
>   # bitbake agl-cluster-demo-platform
> (Among that I also accept the EULA)
>
> But, I got these error:
>
> #ERROR: Unable to start bitbake server
> #ERROR: Server log for this session (/home/psdcd/workspace_agl/agl-guppy-7.0.0/build/bitbake-cookerdaemon.log):
> #--- Starting bitbake server pid 8355 at 2019-03-21 17:43:34.421229 ---
> #ERROR: Layer directory '/home/psdcd/workspace_agl/agl-guppy-7.0.0/meta-freescale-3rdparty' does not exist! Please check BBLAYERS in /home/psdcd/workspace_agl/agl-guppy-7.0.0/build/conf/bblayers.conf
>
> I found that since AGL 6.x [meta-freescale-3rdparty] and [meta-freescale-distro] have already been removed.
>
> Just for a workaround, I copied AGL 5.x’s recipes to AGL 7.x, but that not worked
> #ERROR: ParseError at /home/psdcd/workspace_agl/agl-guppy-7.0.0/meta-agl/meta-agl-distro/conf/distro/poky-agl.conf:139: Could not include required file conf/distro/include/INVALID-tune.inc
>
> That seems [imx6qsabreauto] is defined as INVALID TARGET TYPE.
>
> I have referred to the link below, but nothing useful was found.
> https://wiki.automotivelinux.org/agl-distro
>
> Does anyone meet this problem before? Any advice or help will be appreciated.

The imx6sabreauto issues aside, I'm wondering what your expectations are
for using the agl-cluster-demo-platform image?  The demo applications in
it are currently focused on demoing with a setup along the lines of the
AGL demo setup (the "green machine"), and are somewhat hardware
dependent.  For instance, the map viewer part of the demo currently
requires that the IVI board be a Renesas M3ULCB or H3 running an image
built with the agl-cluster-demo-support feature.  As well, the
cluster-receiver application in the agl-cluster-demo-platform image has
an expectation of running on an Intel platform at the moment, but I've
got a fix for that in the works.  That would allow probably reproducing
the CES demo with an imx6 board for the cluster side, but if you want to
do something more sophisticated than that, I think there'll be some
work involved.

Thanks,

Scott