Re: Looking for Development Board

Hi Eric,

For CAN, you can find CAN-USB dongles which work pretty well on any platform:

A "cheap" one:
https://www.8devices.com/products/usb2can/

Pro dongles (needed for CAN-FD typically or extended features):
https://www.peak-system.com/PC-Interfaces.196.0.html?&L=1

There are many adapters lying around but be careful to:
* take a real CAN controller and not CAN to SERIAL converters (like ELM327 or
equivalent stuff)
* look at linux support in the details:
  - is there already a driver inside the kernel or not? 'yes' is better
  - is it standardized (=uses SocketCAN) or not? 'yes' is better
  - does the dongle works without any userspace tool (ex: slcand)? 'yes' is better

The two links I gave you above fulfill all these requirements.

For deeper integration with a given platform, you'll have to find lures/shields
with a CAN controller and I'm not aware of any generic solution in this case.

HTH
---
Stephane Desneux - CTO - IoT.bzh
stephane.desneux@xxxxxxx - www.iot.bzh