Requesting help with horrible Docker problem

Hello,

I just tried to re-download the AGL worker image after spending hours
troubleshooting my Docker installation (changed the location of
/var/lib/docker to an external drive because the build size was too
large, which caused number of problems and regret that I won't get
into in this email).

After removing the docker-storage.conf file that changed the location
of /var/lib/docker, and deleting the old docker folder entirely, I now
receive this error when I try to download and load the AGL Generic
Worker image:

`open /var/lib/docker/tmp/docker-import-475836070/repositories: no
such file or directory`

where 475836070 is different each time.

I'm following step 3 on the following URL from the documentation:
http://docs.automotivelinux.org/master/docs/getting_started/en/dev/reference/setup-sdk-environment.html

Is this possibly specific to AGL? I can't tell because other Docker
commands are working fine, and I don't use the `docker load` command
for anything else.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated