Re: low can service

Ho, yes, correct.

I forgot the dashboard app.

The low-can try to open the socket if the /etc/dev-mapping.conf exists and correctly set but if your CAN interface doesn't exists then you'll see error messages:

DEBUG: [API low-can] BCM socket ifr_name is : can0
ERROR: [API low-can] ioctl failed. Error was : No such device

This will not fail the binding which continues to operate. As we might have several CAN buses, like in a real car, the binding should be able to process the operational buses even if one is failing. Here, it doesn't exists at all and the binding lacks some recovery capabilities which, for example, would retry to connect to a socket if this one failed.

I think that the binding should not fails completely if a bus comes down. I'm open to discussion about that, binder have also some recovery capabilities which retries a connection to a failed/disconnected binding, we could imagine to relaunch the binding until is fine but then the CAN service would be more degraded than running with errors on one of its bus. Also, we maybe needs to define priorities or level of importance on certain buses and not the other which would define which ones are considerate as mandatory to be up and running, and others with lower importance would be ignored even if failing.

The binding have some lacks here but will be improved, thanks.

Best regards.