Re: Failure of program map to recover after failure

On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 05:54 -0500, Doug Nazar wrote:
> On 2019-12-09 23:49, Ian Kent wrote:
> > I also need to work out why you don't get caught by the negative
> > map entry check that's meant to prevent multiple retries for a
> > failing map entry for a configured time.
>
> Sorry, I should have been more explicit. The several minute wait was
> exceed the negative cache timeout. That part was working fine.
>
> > > And even the entry delete below it should be ok because it will
> > > just lookup (aka. run the program map again to get the map entry)
> > > and then update the multi-mount during the entry parse.
> > >
> > > So while the change above isn't strictly the way this should be
> > > handled it probably should be ok.
> > >
> > > I haven't worked out how to handle it immediately after the fail
> > > just yet but the change above probably should be kept as part of
> > > that as well, not sure yet.
> > >
> > > Ian
>
> I did that based on my greps, that seems to be a fairly common
> check.
> However, it kind of felt wrong, in the sense that the 2nd attempt,
> shouldn't depend on any previous status. I was just having trouble
> trying to figure out the lifetime rules for the various
> fields/states.

Yes, the root of a multi-mount has all sorts of special case handling
in a number of places.

> Thanks,
> Doug

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]