Re: Failure of program map to recover after failure

On 2019-12-09 23:49, Ian Kent wrote:
I also need to work out why you don't get caught by the negative
map entry check that's meant to prevent multiple retries for a
failing map entry for a configured time.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. The several minute wait was to exceed the negative cache timeout. That part was working fine.

And even the entry delete below it should be ok because it will
just lookup (aka. run the program map again to get the map entry)
and then update the multi-mount during the entry parse.

So while the change above isn't strictly the way this should be
handled it probably should be ok.

I haven't worked out how to handle it immediately after the fail
just yet but the change above probably should be kept as part of
that as well, not sure yet.

Ian

I did that based on my greps, that seems to be a fairly common check. However, it kind of felt wrong, in the sense that the 2nd attempt, shouldn't depend on any previous status. I was just having trouble trying to figure out the lifetime rules for the various fields/states.

Thanks,
Doug

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]