Future changes to documentation.

The current Documentation needs to be reviewed. The ones I would like to focus on are those that are actively watched by the user.
Which is often the README and the man pages.

In this mail I would like to address the README page.
The README currently have URL links that lead to pages that have gone offline and the information that is present is not up to date.
For example:

	http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Amd_AutoFS/autofs.html
	http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.autofs
	http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.autofs

Does not work.

"Limited direct mount functionality has been implemented and a
describtion of what can be done can be found in README.direct."

"See README.ghosting"

These files does not exist anymore.

What information do we want to present in the README file? What is relevant for the user to know about the current build?

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]