Re: How to exclude specific keys when using wildcard mounts

On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 17:06 +0100, Frank Thommen wrote:

> > > I'm not sure about these suggestions.
> > >
> > > I agree that using /dev/null offends the sensibility of the
> > > map syntax and the idea of using either of these suggestions
> > > is better from that POV.
> > >
> > > But the map entry parser has not been converted to use a yacc
> > > based parser (mainly because the Sun map format is ambiguous
> > > making that conversion rather difficult) so map entry parsing
> > > remains somewhat spread throughout the code so map entry syntax
> > > changes are a bit difficult and risky.
> > >
> > > Using an option like -ignore means special case handling of
> > > the entry as it doesn't have mount location, only an option
> > > and using a special fstype will cause unexpected and unusual
> > > error messages for automount versions that don't have the
> > > change. Although odd error messages in earlier versions is
> > > probably going to happen anyway.
> >
> > There's also the problem that we don't know what affect adding
> > new syntax would have for people with centrally managed maps
> > that use multiple platforms. It might cause clients to reject
> > the entire map or crash and burn in unpleasant ways.
> >

> > > So I'm not sure about these.
> > >

> > Ian
> >

> I see the points.  Maybe for the time being I could resort to a program
> map which returns nothing in the case of a blacklisted key (I haven't
> tried it yet).

I think that would be a good workaround.
I'm pretty sure that will result in a error being logged too.

Ian

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]