Re: How to exclude specific keys when using wildcard mounts

On 1/31/19 12:57 AM, Ian Kent wrote:
On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 07:45 +0800, Ian Kent wrote:

what about a special automounter option -ignore or -fstype=ignore:

I'm not sure about these suggestions.

I agree that using /dev/null offends the sensibility of the
map syntax and the idea of using either of these suggestions
is better from that POV.

But the map entry parser has not been converted to use a yacc
based parser (mainly because the Sun map format is ambiguous
making that conversion rather difficult) so map entry parsing
remains somewhat spread throughout the code so map entry syntax
changes are a bit difficult and risky.

Using an option like -ignore means special case handling of
the entry as it doesn't have mount location, only an option
and using a special fstype will cause unexpected and unusual
error messages for automount versions that don't have the
change. Although odd error messages in earlier versions is
probably going to happen anyway.

There's also the problem that we don't know what affect adding
new syntax would have for people with centrally managed maps
that use multiple platforms. It might cause clients to reject
the entire map or crash and burn in unpleasant ways.

So I'm not sure about these.

Ian

I see the points. Maybe for the time being I could resort to a program map which returns nothing in the case of a blacklisted key (I haven't tried it yet).

frank

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]