Re: autofs version?

On Fri, 2015-11-20 at 10:51 +0000, Ken Gillett wrote:
> I’m ashamed to have to ask this, but how can I find the autofs
> version number?
>
> Before calling me names, I should point out this is on OS X and
> Apple’s implementation of automount has NO -V or —version option. Not
> shown in the man page and doesn’t work, so it’s really not there.
>
> No-one can make me any more irritated with Apple over stuff like
> this, but how else can I find out the autofs version number? This is
> El Capitan so maybe someone simply knows the answer?

Sorry, thus list is for Linux autofs.

I don't know what base source the OSX autofs implementation uses but I
think OSX is a BSD based OS and I'm not sure if it originally had an
autofs implementation.

I do remember seeing an announcement somewhere fairly recently about a
BSD implementation but I can't even remember which distribution that
was.

I think your only option is to log a fault with Apple.

Ian