Re: sloppy mount option not handled by some filesystems.

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 11:11 +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Ian Kent <ikent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I could leave it only for NFS, as it supports it anyway, and not pass it
> > for any other mounts. Then any bug requests could be passed on the the
> > file system maintainers. Then I could add it for that file system when
> > done.
> >
> > The only annoyance with that approach is the autofs generic mount
> > module, which is used to mount a number of file systems, would need to
> > check the file system name to decide whether to add the sloppy option.
> >
> > TBH I'm not to fussy about what we do here but we need to make a
> > decision before I do or I'll end up flipping back and forth.
> >
> > So I guess it's up to us to decide, ;)
> >
> > I'll post a message to the autofs list once we decide and see if we get
> > any good arguments to change the approach and we can alter it as needed
> > (if at all).
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> Any news about this?
>
> There's more and morecomplaints about the new behavior.  I'm inclined
> to just make it NFS-only, as that will restore the old state of
> affairs.

Good question, I must admit I had forgotten about it since with the
report I had the subsystem changed to ignore the option.

I was going to not pass it from autofs and I have a patch for that.
We could use that, after I check I've cover the bases, and I'll commit
it upstream with the next set of patches (that might be a little while
though).

Ian