Re: autofs linux 3.8.13 and "Too many levels of symbolic links"

Am 01.02.2014 04:32, schrieb Ian Kent:

But first, a question for Donald. Given that the autofs configuration has BROWSE_MODE="no" we don't know how the tmp directory in /scratch got created since it has never been mounted. It shouldn't exist, any idea how it got created?

The users or scripts know the complete path or it is referenced by symlinks or is a home directory. So the first access is directly to "/scratch/tmp/whatever" without needing to browse and discover "tmp" in /scratch. I assume the directory "tmp" was created by autofs code after the user tried to access "/scratch/tmp/something" to give the daemon something to mount on. It looks like this mount attempt didn't reach the fileserver. We don't know yet, if it reached the daemon or not.

Regards
  Donald

--
Donald Buczek
buczek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystem Development]     [Linux Ext4]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [ECOS]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]