Re: Laptop disassociating by local choice (reason=17)

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Brent Taylor <motobud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Brent Taylor <motobud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Because of a bug we are not aware of? ath6kl and ath9k are very
>>> different drivers and 0.7.3 might have some problem which only comes
>>> with ath6kl. Up to you, but I would not waste time testing on that old
>>> wpasupplicant.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kalle Valo

>> sent it from my phone and it was automatically formatted in HTML and
>> not Plain Text.
>>
>> The ultimate goal is to use an Android device to communicate with my
>> custom device being the Access Point.  The laptop is easier to debug
>> (at the moment) than an Android device.  I'm currently using a Samsung
>> S4 running 4.4.4 and it was not able to complete the authentication
>> step either.  This is when I turned to using the laptop.  Any idea
>> what version of the wpa_supplicant is running on Kit Kat?
>>
>> -- Brent Taylor
>

> Here is another log capture from the device and the laptop.  This time
> both were using -dddt as the debug parameter to wpa_supplicant.
>
> Laptop wpa_supplicant Log

-- snip last log data from 2014-12-03 --

I just found out that the Samsung S4 that we are testing with has
wpa_supplicant version v2.0-devel-4.2.2 which is not KitKat, but Jelly
Bean.  Does anyone know if the logging can be turned on without
rooting the phone?

-- Brent Taylor