Re: checksum error

Dear Heinz,
  Many thanks.

David

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:29 AM, Heinz Mauelshagen <heinzm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/05/2011 02:38 PM, Bad Bod wrote:
Hi,
 I don't know if this is the correct place to send this, please send me information on where I should post of this is not the right place.

dmraid version
1.0.0.rc16 (2009.09.16) shared

RAID 0, Asus M2V motherboard, via 8237, 2 * hitachi 250Gb HD

ubuntu 11.04 and fedora 15

running 'dmraid - ay' gives the following output.

ERROR: via: invalid checksum on /dev/sdb
ERROR: via: invalid checksum on /dev/sda
no raid disks

windows via v-raid tool shows no errors, array boots works fine in windows 7. Have rebuilt array several times to ensure metadata should not be corrupt.

attached is dd of /dev/sda with metadata. Sorry, dumped 3000 sectors so a bit more than you need ;)

Any assistance greatly appreciated, even if this is just my setup that is weird, I am happy to patch around it to get it working. I looked at the via.h and could not work out where to start :(

As I said at start, if this is not the correct place then please inform me where is, and please accept my apologies.

That's fine.
I'll try to have a look...

Heinz

Regards
David
Thailand

Heinz Mauelshagen                               +49 2626 141200
Consulting Development Engineer             FAX +49 2626 924446
Red Hat GmbH
Am Sonnenhang 11
56242 Marienrachdorf
Germany                                       heinzm@xxxxxxxxxx