R: R: [dm-devel] - info about dm

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the answer

>> Yes... at least if your bios actually starts the rebuild process
instead
>> of just marking the array as needing rebuilt and relying on the OS to
do
>> it.

...well I have to test it: during the installation procedures, when I
tried to configure this damn RAID and I got the disk inconsistency
(?ERROR:
asr: Invalid RAID config table checksum on /dev/sda? or ?asr: Invalid
magic number in RAID table; saw 0x0 expected??) I tested even the
rebuilding through the BIOS with no results, while I'm sure the
rebuilding works (tested with working HD)...bah, maybe the rebuilding
was not completed and I had to wait a little longer...

Can you specify which commands are used for creating the device
(manually) the first time? I used "dmsetup create" but someone replied
that dmsetup is a debug command rather than the correct procedure.
Let me repeat ("repetita juvant": latin proverb ;-P): DM simply
recognize a BIOS RAID configuration and translate it to the system,
mapping it to a virtual device...so all I need is to launch "dmraid -ay"
for activating...

One last question, about the development: are they working for having a
way to "manage" RAID through DM? I'm talking above all about stopping
the RAID, disabling disks, rebuilding the RAID...

Thanks again for all the support
Vega