Re: How to do a recovery of a degraded RAID1

Phillip Susi wrote:
Once the system is up and running, the kernel should copy the primary drive's contents to the secondary one's over time. Eventually they will actually be in sync and used normally, but currently there is no process to update the metadata on disk. I would say break out a hex editor and modify the metadata to indicate that the array is in a clean state.

Actually, now that I think about it... something seems off... my understanding was that dmraid currently never updates the on disk metadata, but if that is the case, then how can the disks stay in sync in the face of a crash? If one disk gets updated and then the power fails, when the system restarts, it has no way of knowing that one of the disks is out of sync.