RE: How to do a recovery of a degraded RAID1

Thomas -

I hate to tell you the bad news but the BIOS/Option ROM does not complete a mirror rebuild on ISW.  The BIOS simply changes the metadata status to 'rebuilding' so that a software tool like DMRAID in Linux or iMSM in Windows can rebuild the drive.
The following link details the information about a failed RAID 1 in Windows (may not help but it will give you an idea about how the rebuild with fakeraids work) http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-021014.htm

There are no rebuild capabilities in dmraid at the moment.  There is effort to have this functionality in the near future.

- Eric