Fwd: Re: FW: hpt37x2 on Fedora core 1

Hey all,

I've got a step, so I thought to keep you informed. I've included some
correspondence with highpoint.

No, I did not. Now I've done it, and it didn't improve much.

After booting with the newly created boot disk, lsmod showed that the hpt37x2
module was not loaded. I manually inserted the module and, again, I could do
a cat /proc/scsi/hpt37x2/0. The /dev/sda was still not accessible. Now I
noticed that the node did not exist at all, so I created the sda node with:

# mknode /dev/sda b 8 0

whereafter I could continue with the installation. I have not installed
fedora yet, because the installer would set my old linux in grub, so I'm
making some bootdisks etc. first.

Which process should create the node /dev/sda, and why doesn't it do that?
The boot disk fails to insert the module right away. If I insert the module
manually, it warns about the module not being signed.