silraid init: no array found Why?

I have a Abit IC7-G with a SI3112 SATA Raid controller on it. I'm trying to
get the silraid driver to recognize my array (A pair of Maxtor SATA 80G)
which I setup in the bios and have test installed Windoze onto.

I tossed silraid.o and ataraid.o from the RedHat 9 dist onto a floppy and
tried to load them once I got booted up using RedHat 9 rescue setup.

While my 3112 controller is recognized during bootup and I can access the
two underlying drives as hdc and hde I cannot get the silraid driver to
load.

When I insmod ataraid and then insmod silraid I get this output:
"driver for Silicon Image(tm) Medley(tm) hardware version 0.0.1: No raid array found"

That shows up around line 455 in the source code but that doesn't really help.

What am I doing wrong here?

I ran for years on my old pdc20276 so I have some experience with ataraid. I
actually recall a simlar problem back at install time there too but I've
forgotten now...

Regards,
Rob

--
Robert Hardy, B.Eng Computer Systems                  C.E.O. Webcon Inc.