Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error

yoram@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible that the Hard Drive break the IDE cable? The reason I am
> asking is because after I have installed the new cable, I had the error
> again 24 hour later.

No, but it could be an overheating issue. If your case is closed
normally, keep it open. If you have two harddrives, keep a drive bay
between them free to allow for air circulation. If that does not change
anything, attack the promise chip and/or the harddrive with a
hair-dryer. During all of these experiments, please run
for ((;;)); do hdparm -t /dev/hdg; done
in a root bash. That should generate enough traffic on the cable.

Please report if the errors happen more/less often with any of the tests
above.

HTH,
Carl-Daniel
--