Re: promise NEITHER IDE PORT ENABLED

Hello Alan!!

i am the problem with the PDC20267 Chipset. I used Red Hat 8 with standard kernel and work the promise

[root@dakota ide]# cat pdc202xx

                                PDC20267 Chipset.
------------------------------- General Status ---------------------------------
Burst Mode                           : enabled
Host Mode                            : Normal
Bus Clocking                         : 33 PCI Internal
IO pad select                        : 10 mA
Status Polling Period                : 0
Interrupt Check Status Polling Delay : 0
--------------- Primary Channel ---------------- Secondary Channel -------------
                enabled                          enabled
66 Clocking     enabled                          disabled
           Mode MASTER                      Mode MASTER
                FIFO Empty                       FIFO Empty
--------------- drive0 --------- drive1 -------- drive0 ---------- drive1 ------
DMA enabled:    yes              yes             yes               yes
DMA Mode:       UDMA 4           UDMA 4          NOTSET            NOTSET
PIO Mode:       PIO 4            PIO 4           NOTSET            NOTSET
[root@dakota ide]#

i am downloaded the kernel 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-rc1
and i am set this options for IDE

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y
# CONFIG_PDC202XX_BURST is not set
CONFIG_PDC202XX_FORCE=y                      <- this options force IDE detections
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y
# CONFIG_IDE_CHIPSETS is not set
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
# CONFIG_IDEDMA_IVB is not set
# CONFIG_DMA_NONPCI is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_PDC=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID_HPT is not set

the kernel 2.4.20 and 2.4.21-rc1 NO detect the ide channels and mi system crashes

wath is the problem? i am select all correct options but no work...

regards :)

dakota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Administrador Servidor dakotabcn.net y nodo red ECOLNET dakota.escomposlinux.org
LINUX Registrered USER 93707 :)
P.o Box 579
08913 Badalona (Barcelona) SPAIN
firmas GnuPG en http://pgp.escomposlinux.org/
dakota@xxxxxxxxx || dakota@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Equipos
PIV 2.2 Ghz - 1.5 Gb RAM - W-XP Pro
Dual PIII 1Ghz - 1 Gb Ram - Linux Red Hat 8.0