Installing Red Hat 8.0 ATARAID directly

I suggest the following method for installing RedHat 8.0 ataraid directly
for Promise FastTrak. Until I figure out a better way or make updates
disk, here it is. I dont have a spare machine to test. If anyone can test
and report, I would appreciate it

Steps for installing RH 8.0
---------------------------

1. Create a Dos floppy and load ataraid.o and pdcraid.o (extract these
from the relevant kernel/module rpm packages for BOOT version. Use
rpm2cpio. Locate these BOOT rpm packages on CD# 3)

2. Get a kickstart file (look in / or /root on any redhat installation
after installation). Customize this by changing mount points (/ , /var
etc) to point to ataraid partitions (i.e. ataraid/d0p1 instead of hde1
etc.). Save this kickstart file onto the above floppy.

3. Delete any raid array on your new computer and boot it from CD#1 using
"linux noprobe". Now find your Appendline by looking at /proc/pci (switch
console by typing: SHIFT+ALT+F2). Now, reboot except this time you pass
Appendline i.e. "linux noprobe Appendline"

4. Make partitions on individual ide disks using fdisk. Reboot. Boot again
in CD#1 using "linux noprobe Appendline". Go into manual partitioning
using DRUID. Make sure you see all the partitions you made on both disks
and they are how you wanted. If not or if wrong, make changes in DRUID and
reboot.

5. Create raid array of your taste. Boot in CD#1 using "linux noprobe
Appendline"

6. BEFORE you access formatting screen, switch to console 2
(shift+alt+f2). At the prompt mount floppy and load your modules

mkdir /tmp/myfloppy
mount /dev/fd0 /tmp/myfloppy
cd /tmp/myfloppy
insmod ./ataraid.o
insmod ./pdcraid.o

7. Verify there are no errors (lsmod to see the modules loaded). Also
check /tmp/syslog (tail or less /tmp/syslog) and make sure ataraid
partitions are detected.

8. Now, while staying at this root prompt on console 2, install linux by
manually calling Anaconda with reference to Kickstart file on your floppy.
I dont remember the exact command, so try these:
anaconda kickstart=/tmp/myfloppy/ks.cfg method=cdrom
anaconda --kickstart /tmp/myfloppy/ks.cfg --method cdrom://mnt/....

Further Thoughts:
Create an Anaconda updates floppy to do all the grunt work and make it
work :) If you succeed, you can boot with "linux noprobe updates
appendline"