HPT 374 Problem

I just recently acquired a Highpoint RocketRAID 404 to replace my ancient and much hated Promise Fasttrak 100 TX4. I created a pair of 2 disk RAID0 arrays on it when I first got it, for some other work I was doing, and Linux detected all four channels on the card, all four disks, and ataraid successfully set up the two RAIDs.

Just day before yesterday, I completed the backup I needed two arrays for, so I broke the two two disk arrays and built a single 4 disk RAID0 array. This array is not detected by ataraid, and I have no idea how to figure it out. The disks are all detected and accessible, the CHS counts are accurate and the same as before, but the HPT ataraid check just says there are no arrays.

In a totally different point/post:

Highpoint added software RAID5 to their lastest BIOS/driver for the HPT374. Is this something ataraid could add support for? If so, what can I do to help?

Rich 'Forge' Mingin
www.tech-report.com