Re: Adaptec AAR-1200A

Hello All,

When I ordered an IDE RAID card from my supplier, it was on backorder for
several weeks, so he ended up ordering a different one: Adaptec
ATA-RAID1200A

I know it has the HPT chipset on there, so basically it should work as a IDE
controller with the added fucntionality of the RAID BIOS and the ATA-RAID
compataibility...

However before I open the package (or actually the Anti-static bag, as the
box itself is already open!) I should like to know whether anyone has any
experience using this card on Red-Hat 7.1 or above.

I am not looking for OS, just for the DATA disk to be RAID-1.

I am not sure yet whether I'll go for ata-raid or md, but either way I
should like to know if the card'll work...

Any comments would be welcome!

TIA!

--FP