Re: HPT370 RAID0 on RHL 8.0 from upgraded RHL 7.3

I had this same setup also.  I tried an upgrade from 7.3 to 8.0 with a HP
370 PCI card... I had the correct bios and correct drivers fro 7.3.  But the
problem with upgrading is that they don't have a 8.0 driver for thier 370
chipset.  So, I also downloaded the Highpoint opensource driver for
compiling.  I compiled it and tried to install.  The system would not load
in the module.  This is because inside Highpoint's "opensource" driver is a
".o" object.  So, the open source driver isn't completely opensource.  How
to fix this problem is load in the module using the "-f" option to force a
load.  This works on my system.  Even though its not 100% 8.0 compatible it
is good enough.  Why is doens't load in is because the kernel in 8.0 is
compilied with GCC 3.x and so ALL the modules must be compiled with gcc 3.x.
Highpoint's opensource driver has that one ".o" object that was compiled
with gcc 2.x.  So, the kernel will not load in that module due to
compatibility issues.  But when you force a load, it will work.  It did on
my system.

Jeff K