Re: In which device i have to check for bad blocks

Hi

When your linux boots up with ataraid, it automatically uses
/dev/ataraid/d0pN for all the usual stuff like fsck, clearing stale file
i-nodes, etc. If you want to check manually or fix something because there
are bad blocks on one of the participating disks, you may want to play
safe, i.e., boot your computer without ataraid from another device not
participating in raid and fix the problem. If another device is not
available, boot up with a rescue floppy/cd without raid (you can pass
append line to see the ide disks seperately but not load kernel with
ataraid support)

If you know which partition has problems, it gets simpler sometimes. You
dont have to reboot as explained above. Just unmount the problem partition
if possible (if thats not a critical partition like /usr or /usr/local
etc) and fix hdeN and hdhN only for that partition.

There is probably some smart way out there that I dont know, read HOWTO
docu for md raid

Murty Rompalli