Sent: Sunday, October 20, 2002 1:17 AM
Subject: Redhat 8.0 and HPT370 PCI

Just installed Red hat 8.0 and I've got stuck getting my HPT370/370A card up and running.  I tried to recompile their driver but I've run into a problem... you see their source file has an object file in it.  And this object file seems to have been compile with gcc 2.x.  this is a problem because the 8.0 kernel was compiled with gcc 3.2 and it won't allow modules to be loaded into the kernel that have been compiled with the older gcc.  So... I need the "hpt37x2lib.o" file compiled with the gcc 3.2 or I need the source and make file so I can do it myself... or does anyone know another solution?  Any help would be appreciated.  I'll be calling Highpoint monday morning... and if anyone else has this problem or already got the solution let me know!!!

JEFF K