From: "Richard Barrington" <rich_b_nz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ataraid-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Redhat 8.0 and HPT370 PCI

> You're talking about the open source drivers? It looks that file was
> done with 2.96 on RH71... Anyways, can you not use Linux softraid or
> ataraid instead of their mostly binary driver?
>
> On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 12:17, Jeff Kaplan wrote:
> > Just installed Red hat 8.0 and I've got stuck getting my HPT370/370A
card up and running.  I tried to recompile their driver but I've run into a
problem... you see their source file has an object file in it.  And this
object file seems to have been compile with gcc 2.x.  this is a problem
because the 8.0 kernel was compiled with gcc 3.2 and it won't allow modules
to be loaded into the kernel that have been compiled with the older gcc.
So... I need the "hpt37x2lib.o" file compiled with the gcc 3.2 or I need the
source and make file so I can do it myself... or does anyone know another
solution?  Any help would be appreciated.  I'll be calling Highpoint monday
morning... and if anyone else has this problem or already got the solution
let me know!!!