Re: Using Promise 20276 as normal ATA device

Sagi Bashari wrote:

Hello,

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW+ motherboard with onboard Promise PDC 20276 RAID Controller.

I have 2 WD 120GB HDDs that I would like to setup in RAID1. The OS is RedHat 7.3.

I managed to install it using the drivers provided in Promise's site. After the installation I tried to upgrade the kernel using up2date and it stopped working.

I tried to use the ataraid drivers but had no luck loading the pdcraid driver.

After reading that this RAID card is actually doing software RAID I decided that it is probably better to use the Linux MD driver instead.

I switched the RAID mode to ATA in the bios. The RedHat installation is not detecting the HDDs. If I try to use the Promise driver disk it is detecting it as RAID device and not ATA like I want it to.

How can I make it detect the HDDs as normal devices?

You can check in the bios and see if you can revert to std ide controller. Some mobos can do this. Another thing to try would be RH8.0 which should see the ide drives as just drives.