Why not use Software Raid?

Hi, everybody.

I've read that Linux Software Raid, that you can simply set up during
RedHat 7.2 and 7.3 normal installation, performs better than Ataraid.

So you can mirror your disks by mirroring each pair of partitions: hde1
with hdg1, hde2 with hdg2 and so on, even vfat partitions.

The only problem would be that Windows wouldn't be bootable anymore...
Unless that you use the Rewrite Table feature of LILO to switch the
vfat partitions at boot. When you boot Windows, set them 0x0b or 0x0c
type; and, when you boot Linux, set them 0xfd.

If you don't know what I mean, I can explain it further. Or, rather,
you can search [LILO change-rules set] in google.

I haven't tried this yet. It's just an idea.

Victor Martinez.