How are RAID1 disks kept in sync

Here is another question,

How are 2 disk in a RAID 1 setup kept in sync on a Promise Fastrak 100?

I really want to know if the "hardware" does any sort of synchronization
in real-time. I am concerned that fsck could screw your file-system
completely if it tries to repair an out of sync file-system.

1. Imagine that a file get written to one disk only because of a power
fail.
2. On reboot fsck would try to repair the file system.
3. When fsck gets to the out of sync i-node or whatever, the pdcraid.o
driver may read different data depending on which disk is actually
accessed during the read request. This is because reads are balanced
across disks.

Of course if someone can explain to me if/how the Promise card keeps the
RAID 1 disks in sync then this situation would not occur.

Does it use the "reserved sectors" for the purpose of tracking sync
across the array?

Thanks,
Mike.