RE: why not use the promise scusi emulation driver ?

Shalom Eri,

>From what I understand, Promise will only support 2.4.18 and only Red Hat
Linux. And from the emails I saw they will never be resources to be
compatible with Linux because they refuse the "open source" system.
Personally I would have thought that their RAID technology would be mainly
hardware and so releasing the driving software would not show any patented
technology but it does not sound that way.

Anyway, if you wish to stay RH7.3 and 2.4.18 forever (or until Promise
change their views) then you can use their released driver otherwise I would
suggest that you try to make this works on the kernel so you can move on
with the linux future kernels.

As for yuor software, I would think that the Kernel released won't affect
them except maybe if they reference specific kernel function but I would
imagine that the Linux group try their upmost to be backward compatible...

Regards

Yoram