Re: Kernel 2.4.19 ataraid problem?

> Before compiling my new 2.4.19 kernel, I copied my 2.4.18 .config
> file to the the 2.4.19 .config, did a make xconfig and made *no*
> configuration changes, just saved the result. I put the diff between

This is your problem right here, you used the wrong option for the job you
were trying to do.

Now get into your kernel source dir and 'make oldconfig' instead of 'make
xconfig'. making xconfig just shows you the menu, it doesn't actively seek
out and update the config, especially if you didn't change anything. make
oldconfig parses in the old config and uses it as the default answers to a
new 'make config', only asking you when there's an option not mentioned in
your old .config.

Hope you have better luck this time.

- Rich 'Forge' Mingin