FastTrack66 on RH7.3

Hello all, I'm new to the list.

I'm having trouble installing RH7.2 on my 4-disk 0+1 array, with almost
identical issues as Vincent Wu's. Here is a link to his article, for
comparison:

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/ataraid-list/2002-May/000791.html

The main difference between my situation and his is that I'm trying to make
my array bootable, whereas I don't think he was. In either case, the
FastTrack BIOS is working properly, since it used to run a mirrored set on
another server I had.

Basically, when I try to write partitions to the /dev/ataraid/d0 array
(which is properly recognised by modprobe and fdisk), I get the following
error message:

===================================
Command (m for help): w
The partition table has been altered! Calling ioctl() to re-read partition
table. WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 22: Invalid
argument.
The kernel still uses the old table.
The new table will be used at the next reboot.
Syncing disks.
=================================

What does error 22 signify? I haven't found any information on this
particular error code in a solid hour of searching man pages and search
engines. I doubt that my partition structure is too complex, as I even tried
to set the whole thing up in one primary partition.

Any help is appreciated. TIA.

	-Marc

---------------------------

Here is hardware information about my system:

4U RM case w/337W PS
ASUS CUV4X MB
Celeron 667MHz S370 CPU
256MB PC133 SDRAM (x1)
52X ATAPI CD-ROM
1.44 FDD
3COM 3C905TX-M NIC
ATI 3D Rage IIC 4MB AGP Video Card
Promise FastTrack66 ATA RAID Controller (configured for 0+1)
Maxtor ATA133 7200RPM 80GB HDD (x4) (tested and working)