From: ataraid-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ataraid-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
b.hulsken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 20:54
To: ataraid-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: HPT370 + Red Hat 7.3 howto (Martijn Olivier Tigchelaar)

Hi, I posted a howto for using rh73 with highpoint some time ago
(just a few day's after rh73 release). It is possible (in my case, i
have an abit kt7-raid) to use linux software raid. Just user the hpt
drivers in the kernel (i used both the normal controller driver & the
ataraid driver). Do a search on these mail archives to find my guide,
since you also have an abit mobo+hpt raid I guess it should work
for you to:).. ah now it occurs to me: you need an updated lilo, the
rh73 version is too old, grub is reported to work also, but i havent
tried. BTW in my guide i reported howto modify the highpoint rh72
disks for rh73, since they have rh73 disks, that won't be needed
anymore.

goodluck
Bas Hulsken