IDE RAID, htp370/372 help

I am fairly computer savvy and have run a business
making and repairing windows boxes, but I am hitting a
wall here.
  I have an integrated highpoint372 ATA133 RAID
controller on my mobo.  I have the drivers for RedHat
from Highpoint.  However, no matter which way I try to
make an install, the install sees the PHYSICAL disks
instead of a RAID partition.
  I have tried formatting both drives and installing,
I tried making a partition and no format, I tried
unmounting everything and letting redhat make the
partitions, all to no avail.
  I have a Shuttle AK35GTR motherboard with the
integrated RAID.  I can get it to work with windows.
I was unable to find any help in the docs or the
forums (when they were working).  I did however find a
little bit on the SuSe web site about how Linux in
general does not support the IDE RAID controllers
because of some way that the kernel recognizes devices
it will not see the Array.
Anyone got this working?
B Goodwin