Promise FastTrak Controller & RAID

I purchased a server with 4 100 GB hard drives attached to a Promise
FastTrak RAID controller.  I wanted to run Linux as the O/S.  After fighting
with the controller for a week, I decided to do a software RAID.  Red Hat
Linux 7.2 is on a 20 GB drive off the primary IDE controller.  I am up and
running a dual AMD 1800+ system with 300 GB of RAID-5 storage, with SAMBA as
the file server.  Everything is working fine.

I just decided that I didn't have the time to try and get the Promise
controller to work.  My hat is off to those of you who do have the time and
perseverance.

Roy Bradley