Re: Problem mounting Promise Fasttrak66

Hi
This is what I understand, correct me if I am wrong. You have a running
linux machine with two additional disks hde and hdg. These additional
disks have non-Linux data (windows OS). hde and hdg are of each 20G.

Your disks hde and hdg are properly connected. Your fdisk reports 40G for
hde1.

In your FastTrack BIOS (Cntrl+F) at boot time, it is possible that you
spanned the two disks hde and hdg together. If so, try mirror or stripe
instead of span in the FastTrack BIOS.

Good luck

Murty

I believe you understand everything correctly. The BIOS is already set to stripe and I can see that in the Fastcheck utility in windows also.

When I run fdisk it doesn't list anything for /dev/ataraid/d0, even after I've inserted the modules and mounted /dev/ataraid/d0p1. I find that odd.

I also want to mention that I was able to mount the array and read the data just fine using Redhat 7.1 and the ft.o module from Promise. However, I needed to upgrade my kernel for other hardware support and really wanted to get away from having to wait on Promise to release new drivers.

Roger