help with installition of Red Hat on Promise RAID

I just recently created a dual boot on a single ATA hard disk using on my
old machine with ME and RedHat 7.2.

I installed ME (FAT32) first, then in windows I used partition magic to
create an extended partition and within the extended partition I created
Linux Ext2 and Linux swap

The install went without any problems I manually set up the disk with Disk
Druid and used the GRUB boot loader.

What I want to do is create a dual boot on my machine which has XP and
RedHat, but I get a few messages on install which I didn't get before and
now I'm stuck because I don't understand the messages!

Here's what I've got,
Promise Fasttrak TX2 ATA 100 card Raid 0 with 3 identical drives (IBM GXP60
40Gig).

I installed XP (few months ago) then with partition magic I created the
Linux Partitions Ext2 and swap.

I installed the promise drivers v.1.2.0.14 which support kernel 2.4.7-10
(red hat 7.2)

>From partiton magic the drives are laid out on the disks as follows:

Primary partition C:/ NTFS Win XP
Exteneded Partition
D:/ NTFS Programs
E:/ NTFS
F:/ NTFS
G:/ NTFS
H:/ Fat 32
*Linux Ext2 10Gig
*Linux Swap 2Gig

I boot up from the cd type 'Linux dd' insert the promise driver disk when
asked chose the keyboard layout and mouse etc, and after choosing manually
Partition with Disk Druid I get the following message which I didn't get
before:

The partition table hde was unreadable. to create new partitions it must be
initialized, causing the loss of ALL DATA on the drive.
Would you like to initalize the drive?
YES or NO

I selected NO as I don't want to lose all my data.

The next screen shows my disk layout
-dev/sda
          /dev /sda1          NTFS
          /dev /sda2
                    /dev /sda5          NTFS
                    /dev /sda6          NTFS
                    /dev /sda7          NTFS
                    /dev /sda8          NTFS
                    /dev /sda9          vfat
                    /dev /sda10        ext2
                    /dev /sda11        SWAP

I edit sda10 and change mount point to /

then I get this message warning: Boot partition / may not meet booting
constraints for your architecture. Creation of a boot disk is highly
encouraged.
I get two choices (not too sure what to select) Modify Partition or Add
Anyway

What should I select here? And should I create a boot disk later on during
installation?

I don't understand why I get the two messages that I didn't get before
because red hat seems to see the disk layout correctly.

Have I laid out my disk correctly or should I move Ext2 and swap to sda5 and
sda6?
And does it matter that I'm using so many partitions and NTFS.

Can anyone see any problems?

Another thing on my old machine the mount points are called hda x not sda x.
Why is that?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks Shaun

if you didn't guess I'm totally new to Linux! I had a mess round with
mandrake a few months ago but not much.