Re: question about hardware raid 1 (IDE)

Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 3ware seems to "mostly work". With that I mean that sometimes a kernel
> version has a broken driver but that's fixed the next one...

What about the Highpoint RAID?  I have a KG7-RAID and I'm using it for
RAID-0 under Windows.  I'd like to be able to use it for RAID-1 under
Mandrake Linux - currently I'm using Mandrake 8.1 and s/w mirroring
but that is more trouble to set up than in the Highpoint BIOS.

(I know that Linux s/w RAID has better performance, but I'm not so
concerned about that on my desktop machine.)

Thanks, Eric
--
The tree of research must from time to time be refreshed with the blood
of bean counters.