"no such device"

Hey,

I am currently trying to install linux using pre-compiled modules for the 2.4.17 kernel(that's what the install uses).  The ataraid.o module seems to initialize just fine, as i don't get any complaints.  However, as soon as I try to initialize the pdcraid.o module i get an error saying "No Such Device" and some explanation saying it may be fixed by supplying irq/io params.  All the dev entries are there.  Anyone know what's wrong?  Currently i'm using a hacked fasttrak100 controller (ide controller hacked to do raid) and it's detected and works fine in windows.  Has anyone gotten these to work or could that be my problem?

Thanks,
Kevin