Re: installing grub to mbr of raid0 hpt370 array

> Hi,
> do you try to install grub from within linux or from the boot-command
> prompt. I tried to install grub from the grub shell within linux (just
> install grub and type "grub" in the bash) and I failed, because grub
> could not recognize the drives. When I booted from a disk instead
> everything worked fine. I think this is because the order of the disks
> change when you install the drivers.
>
> Greetings Helge.

Yes I am booting from the grub-0.90 ext2 image from the grub ftp written to a floppy. I can boot linux fine with the floppy, but can't install grub into the MBR because it corrupts my stripe array. In case it's relevant this is on an Epox 8k7a+ with onboard hpt370a controller. I just updated the bios to release a1a17 from october 17, but grub still won't install nicely. =(

     --lordjoe