development progress

Hi,

This weekend I bought a few extra IDE disks that made it a lot easier to
test and code the ataraid code. I managed to get RAID1 working (well the
normal operations; fault-tolerance is not yet done) on Promise cards.

I hope to put out a new stable version out soon, which would have the
following features:

* re-read partition table ioctl (Wilfried Weissmann)
* hpt370 and promise support for more than 1 raid volume (Wilfried Weissmann, me)
* experimental RAID1 support for Promise Fasttrak

I'm not quite happy with how the RAID1 code integrates with the rest, but
I'll do some code-reorganisation tonight and will put EXPERIMENTAL snapshots
of prerelease code up at

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/pdcraid/snapshot

Note that while I welcome testers a lot, I must warn that these snapshots
are EXPERIMENTAL as in "might eat your disk" sense. I do my best to avoid bugs
but.....

Greetings,
   Arjan van de Ven
--
The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures.