Re: ataraid

Hello Arjan,

thank you very much for your fast answer !!!!!

Sorry, for my late answer because yesterday, I had a lot of work to do....
You already got the error messages from another member of your mailing list.
(Ups...sorry my english is very bad, i need more practice).

I try the new files, thank you very much !

> I need some more spare time ;) Also RAID1 is harder due to the recovery that
> is needed.

Oh yes, I know (or think, I know about it)
I'm also a developer working with Borland's Delphi on Windows,
but I don't "speak" C :-(

On my work I spend hours of hours and your work is much harder, because your
development is much nearer to the hardwarelevel than my development. So I think
it takes much more time....but please...don't give up, we are full of hope that
we can use our PDC's or HPnt's to run in Raid1 mode :-)

I'm very happy that someone (you) is developing a driver for these controllers,
if I can help you (for example -> testing) then let me know !

I would rather like to wait for the completion of your work, as waiting for
the Promise-company's binary-only drivers to have "unsolved symbols" !  :-)

> >    To support only one Linux Distribution is a mess !!!!

> The intend of the GPL driver is to run on all (2.4) linux kernels...

yes, I understand this, but you spend much time with your work and
the promise company makes the profit...a strange situation, isn't it !

I think it's the task of promise to give a good support for
ALL Linux-distributions. If they are bring up a product to
the market they also MUST heed millions of linux-users !!

If I buy a Fasttrack it's a commercial task and I also paid
for a licence of the drivers I need run the new hardware
with a very good OS (and I mean not Windows, of course ;-) ).
What do you think about, I'm wrong ?