Re: Booting into a raid array...

Jørn Løkaas wrote:

> Hi!
> Just mounted my raid0 array, and is very pleased with it so far. But I
> really want to be able to boot into my first partition of the array too.
> Think my lilo.conf is right, but I'm not sure... Is this possible yet?
> Thanks in advance, Jørn Løkaas.

G'day there,
I am currently trying to do this with fastrak100 tx2, 4 60 gig disks,
and RH7.1 with default 2.4.2  kernel
Have been following this
http://www.thedukeofurl.org/reviews/misc/promisehowtorh71/2.shtml for
doc.
I am currently trying to boot from this device. When the RH7.1 install
to the raid system is complete, and i am @ step 10 in the link above,
the system boots and then is  - a VFS error 'unable to mount the root
fs' error and it will not go any further. I also noticed after step 9,
lilo was rebuilt with an error in the conf file. a quick look revealed
nothing obvious.

Will continue my battle, i have also noticed that /dev/ataraid or
similar does not exist. any links to further doc would be great !

--
Regards,
Steve