chan_ss7 or libss7 work with asterisk v13?

I mixed up a few things and didn't explain the whole story...
I wrote my own STP (without any digium code), and I'm still using Asterisk
1.8.12 + my own patches for ISUP/SIP conversion, but I'm planning to
completely replace asterisk with a KISS solution that only does basic
ISUP<->SIP conversion and TDM<->alaw RTP voice conversion, and let a pure
SIP switch do all the complex stuff (but that's still probably 6 months
away). The STP is working very well.

Actually that route is a single remote STP route, which actually goes
completely down (and then we have the problems with CICs described). Its
not a situation where we have two links and one out of two is always up.
The old 1.0 only looked for ALARM to detect a link down, it should instead
only care about presence of FISU / MSUs keeping the link alive, but the
dahdi MTP2 mode hides us from that heartbeat.
So I wrote my own kernel DAHDI patch that keeps FISU repeating on the TX
side, and only reports different FISU/MSU on the RX side, but detects a
silent RX link and converts that case into a LSSU_SIOS to the user layer.
It also does the reverse, if the userland is silent or closes the channel,
it sends LSSU_SIOS to the remote side.
This also helps the fact that my asterisks mostly don't use TDM SS7 links
anymore, but instead SS7 TDM like protocol on UDP, keeps the code 99.9% the
same (only socket setup/tear down different). The STP does the actual TDM
links (in most cases).