chan_ss7 or libss7 work with asterisk v13?

It might work just fine if your TDM switch is just a cross over direct
cable connection.
But if you have a link that goes through a pair of STPs, each 1000 miles
away, in transmission routes that go down and up, without an ALARM, because
there's a semi permanent connection behind the TDM switch.

Asterisk <-> local transmission <-> TDM switch <-> long distance
transmission for the signalling links <-> STP

In other scenarios, even with stable STP connections there are problems.
I have posted those problems here 3 years ago. Nobody was interested in
doing anything about them.

Perhaps its a ITU only problem. Anyhow, good luck for you all. The problems
where explained. There's a Brazilian saying, he who warns you is your
friend. You have been warned.

Here's one SERIOUS problem... If the signalling link is down, Asterisk
internally continues trying to send the IAMs, never getting anything back
(the signalling link is down), or perhaps the down part is between the STP
and the remote TDM switch. In such cases there are MTP3 TFP (transfer
prohibbited), TFA (transfer allowed) that tell you if the remote switch is
reachable or not.

When the signallink link comes back up, all channels are clogged with
incomplete calls, oh, the customers trying to place those calls get utter
silence until they give up (and until all CICs are clogged).

If I have an Asterisk with multiple routes, some which are fine, some which
are now clogged, the only recourse is a full DAHDI unload/load or asterisk
restart, dropping all active DAHDI calls.

I managed to do a very dirty solution where incoming calls are accepted,
clearing up the clogged channels, but I still haven't figured out how to
properly reset the CICs when connectivity is restarted.

You can't simply drop active calls, ISUP/SS7 is all about reliability.
Anyone that knows what ISUP/SS7 and TDM ISUP interconnects are all about
will grade this asterisk implementation a piece of junk.

I already identified a dozen MTP3 messages that are ignored and that just
happens I haven't received them yet, but they can happen, and are required
for certification. Any commercial gateway processes them correctly.