From: asterisk-ss7-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:asterisk-ss7-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kaloyan Kovachev
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 4:08 PM
To: asterisk-ss7 at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: libss7 - two linksets with different DPCs but the same CIC Number

Hi,
you have no dchan defined in system.conf so:

after "span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3" add "dchan=1" or if you are using Digium card "mtp2=1" and same for the other port but for 32 and exclude them from bchans:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
mtp2=1
bchan=2-31

span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3
mtp2=32
bchan=33-62

also in chan_dahdi.conf remove switchtype (it's ss7 not PRI), put group before the linkset and sigchan after the channels:

language=en
signalling=ss7
ss7type=itu
ss7_called_nai=national
ss7_calling_nai=national

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
group = 1
linkset = 1
networkindicator=national
context=from-pstn
pointcode = 2162
adjpointcode = 2
defaultdpc = 140

cicbeginswith = 2
channel = 2-31
sigchan = 1

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
group = 2
linkset = 2
networkindicator=national
context=from-pstn

pointcode = 2162
adjpointcode = 18
defaultdpc = 150
cicbeginswith = 2
channel = 33-62
sigchan = 32

On 2014-12-15 15:30, Lucian Raducanu wrote:

> [...]
>
> linkset = 2
>
> pointcode = 2162
>
> adjpointcode = 18
>
> defaultdpc = 150
>
> cicbeginswith = 2
>
> networkindicator=national
>
> sigchan = 32
>
> channel = 33-62
>
> group = 2
>
> context = from-pstn
>
> Regards,
>
> Lucian
>
> FROM: asterisk-ss7-bounces at lists.digium.com
> [mailto:asterisk-ss7-bounces at lists.digium.com] ON BEHALF OF Gregory
> Massel
> SENT: Monday, December 15, 2014 1:06 PM
> TO: asterisk-ss7 at lists.digium.com
> SUBJECT: Re: [asterisk-ss7] libss7 - two linksets with different DPCs
> but the same CIC Number
>
> I believe that the question was around one linkset with two DPCs and
> the same CIC number range.
> chan_ss7 refers to this as "combined" linksets and it does NOT support
> combined linksets with the same CIC range on each link.
> It gets all confused when trying to check for idle cic's and free
> cic's back to the idle list as it doesn't match both the CIC and DPC,
> only the CIC.
>
> It will work if the linkset is not combined, however, if you receive
> signalling from an STP via the one signalling link in respect of CIC's
> related to the other link, it will get confused and such an
> installation is quite common where there is an STP on the other end.
>
> By contrast, libss7 handles this situation perfectly.
>
> PS. Not knocking chan_ss7; it's great. Just saying that, for the
> situation described below, it will not work properly.
>
> On 2014/12/15 12:20 PM, Mitul Limbani wrote:
>
> chan_ss7 also does, you need to define two different linksets to be
> able to do this.
>
> Regards,
> Mitul Limbani,
> Business Head,
> Enterux Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
> 110 Reena Complex, Opp. Nathani Steel, Vidyavihar (W), Mumbai - 400
> 086. India http://www.enterux.com/ [1] http://www.entvoice.com/ [2]
> email: mitul at enterux.in
> DID: +91-22-71967196
> Cell: +91-9820332422
>
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Gregory Massel <greg at csurf.co.za>
> wrote:
>
> libss7 supports this but chan_ss7 doesn't.
>
> On 2014/12/15 11:19 AM, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
>
> Hi,
> it is absolutely normal to have such setup. Each linkset has it's own
> CIC numbering
>
> On 2014-12-15 01:06, Lucian Raducanu wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there any possibility to set up on the same asterisk box 2 E1s with
> different DPCs but the same CICs? To be more explicit, the first E1
> has CICs from 1 to 31 and the second E1 also has CICs from 1 to 31.
> First CIC on each E1 is the signaling link.
>
> On December 2007 there was reported the same problem, but no solution.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.enterux.com/
[2] http://www.entvoice.com/