KNK SS7-27 - first experiences - part 2

Hi Pavel

The function that reads SLTM and constructs the SLTA is std_test_receive in mtp3.c (called by mtp3_receive). As far as I see, the test pattern replied is the same as received in SLTM, which is correct according to Q.707 2.2, the test pattern is chosen by the emitter (EWSD in your case). If I remember correctly, EWSD has a fixed test pattern for the whole CCNC (stored on PMU:SIMP), so the test pattern for the whole switch is the same. This is a very interesting case, I'll try to reproduce the scenario with the Inet Spectra.

Regarding to the link down for Ast and UP for the remote side, I saw (perhaps) the same issue with Nec Neax 61E (old and buggy version), and the only thing that worked was to set MTP3 T.21 to a lower value. Off course that's not the ideal solution, but forces the Ast side to assume the linkset is up with no TFx or TRA messages involved. T.21 should be between 63 to 65 seconds, on that case Ast complaints about receiving MSUs with the linkset down until T.21 expiration, when the linkset suddenly goes to up state.

Just my 0.02.

Best regards

Gustavo