KNK SS7-27 - first experiences - part 1

Hi Hans!

> On 2013-06-25 14:56, Marcelo Pacheco wrote:
>> What code are you using ?
>> Is this not stock libss7 ? Stock libss7 can't decode ISUP SUS/RES like that.
>>
>> In my code, I explicitly ignore ALL SUS / RES, they have no needed
>> processing associated with Brazilian ISUP.
>>
>> Asterisk and kernel dahdi version ?
>>
>> If you enable dahdi_pcap:
>> # dahdi_pcap -c 16 -f /tmp/mycap.ss7
>> Capturing protocol mtp2 on channels 16 to file /tmp/mycap.ss7
>> Packets captured: 7
>>
>> Then you can analyze the capture in wireshark / ethereal.
>> But it has one bug, if you shutdown the owner of the link while
>> dahdi_pcap is running, the system will reset on its own.
>> As long as you don't leave dahdi_pcap running around, its not a problem.
>>

> Which hardware for your E1's are you guys using ? I have seen this nasty behaviour
> on Sangoma cards only.

On the older server, we are using Sangoma cards with wanpipe drivers. But we
are in the process of abandoning them and the new server is using Digium TE820P
cards (our target is 4 per server, i.e. 32 E1s, but now we run on two).

> Where to report problems for this  KNK SS7-27  branch ? Jira or this list ?

It's exactly the question. I was told (from somebody who seemed familiar with
this branch and who sent me a direct link to the patchset), that I have to post
my experiences here in this list.

> Thanks Hans

You're welcome! With regards, Pavel

[Index of Archives]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite Backpacking]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]     [Asterisk Books]